We are looking for a positive and hardworking Dairy Farm Assistant to join our team on Kotuku Dairy Unit. Located 10 minutes from Lake Brunner and 25 minutes from Greymouth, Kotuku is a 425 effective ha block, milking up to 900 cows through a 60 bail rotary with ACR’s and MilkHub. You need to be a great team player and have good communication skills.
Responsibilities will include milking and general farm work.
The role comes with excellent accommodation and the location offers easy access to a range of outdoor recreational activities.
You will bring:
- A positive attitude and a minimum of 1 year dairy farming experience
- The ability to work unsupervised in a team environment
- Effective communication skills
- First class attitude to Health and Safety and Animal Welfare
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Pride in your work and surrounding environment
- Restricted or full NZ driver’s licence
We offer an attractive salary and regular time off. Currently running 6 on, 2 off (5 on 2 off for most of the year)
For further details about the role, contact Basil Westlake – Farm Manager on 027 562 7198.
We are committed to providing a safe workplace and the successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test and a criminal background check. You must have the legal right to work in New Zealand to be considered for this role. Apply below, including a brief covering letter and a current CV.
Applications close 5pm, Sunday 22nd September 2019.