We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Senior Shepherd for our Freestone farm. Close to Manapouri and Te Anau, Freestone is a 630 ha property with 5000 su comprising sheep, beef and deer. Freestone’s focus is the Freestone Stud Romney breeding programme and the Wapiti Deer terminal sire breeding programme along with supporting stock.
The successful candidate will take on the day to day tasks of managing stock.
What you will bring:
- In depth sheep and deer experience preferred
- Technical ability to use modern recording technology, Gallagher TSI, HR5, recording tools.
- Attention to detail
- Strong grazing management skills
- Effective communication skills and friendly personality
- 2 well-controlled working dogs
- A willingness to learn and progress
- Commitment to high standards of quality and safety
- Current & full NZ drivers licence
What’s in it for you?
We offer a comprehensive remuneration package and we are committed to providing ongoing training and personal development opportunities to help you reach your personal career goals and ambitions.
This opportunity also includes a tidy three bedroom house with primary and secondary school buses at the gate and access to a range of fantastic recreational activities on your doorstep.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Tim Smith – Farm Manager on 027 231 6734.
This is your chance to join New Zealand’s largest farming organisation. Pamu (Landcorp) uses a performance and quality framework to ensure we farm smart, with care and consistency across all our farms from Kaitaia to Te Anau.
Pamu is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace and the successful applicant will be required to pass a drug test.
Only those with the right to work in New Zealand need apply. To submit your covering letter and CV, please apply below.
Applications close 25th August 2019.